Purpose of Systems Accreditation
The AdvancED accreditation process is used at all levels of education, and is recognized for its ability to effectively drive student performance and continuous improvement. The Systems Accreditation designed for Catholic school systems will align us with the AdvancED Standards. This approach to continuous school improvement confirms quality assurance in the systematic review of our educational programs to ensure that acceptable standards of Catholic identity, education, scholarship, and infrastructure are maintained. Each year schools will collect and analyze data, set goals, plan, implement, and evaluate their school improvement efforts. This ongoing continuous review and evaluation of activities leads to authentic school improvement.
Beginning in Academic Year 2013-2014, schools under the governance of the Archdiocese of Chicago began working to meet the AdvancED Standards as one system, developing a common language for school improvement.
School Improvement Review Cycle
This table identifies the year schools will be visited either by the AdvancED External Review Team or by an AoC Review Team.
Archdiocese of Chicago Improvement Priorities: download pdf
Archdiocese of Chicago Continuous Improvement
School Responsibilities for Academic Year 2017-2018
1. Update the Executive Summary (as needed) by Friday, September 21, 2018.
2. Create the 2018-2019 Continuous School Improvement Plan (CSIP) by Friday, September 28, 2018.
Part 1: Continuous Improvement Leadership Team and Focus Area
Part 2: Reading, Math, and Writing Results
Part 3: Improvement Goals for Focus Area
Part 4: Action Plan for Focus Area- Strand and Benchmarks Identification
3. Create the 2018-2019 Continuous School Improvement Plan (CSIP) by Friday, November 2, 2018.
Part 4: Action Plan for Focus Area- Instructional Strategies, Student Engagement, Curricular Resources, Assessment Timeline
Part 5: Plan to Assess Progress
Part 6: Professional Development
4. Formative Assessment of Continuous School Improvement Plan by Friday, January 25, 2018.
5. Evaluate the Continuous School Improvement Plan during an end-of-school year faculty meeting but before Friday, June 17, 2019.