Purpose of Systems Accreditation
The AdvancED accreditation process is used at all levels of education, and is recognized for its ability to effectively drive student performance and continuous improvement. The Systems Accreditation designed for Catholic school systems will align us with the AdvancED Standards. This approach to continuous school improvement confirms quality assurance in the systematic review of our educational programs to ensure that acceptable standards of Catholic identity, education, scholarship, and infrastructure are maintained. Each year schools will collect and analyze data, set goals, plan, implement, and evaluate their school improvement efforts. This ongoing continuous review and evaluation of activities leads to authentic school improvement.
Beginning in Academic Year 2013-2014, schools under the governance of the Archdiocese of Chicago began working to meet the AdvancED Standards as one system, developing a common language for school improvement.
Updated Information on Changes to the System Level Process
AdvancED has updated their standards and review cycle to allow for greater flexibility for schools and systems to gain an objective source of the quality of implementation of educational initaitives. Please see attached PPT that describes upcoming changes and possible steps for schools to complete in relation to AdvancED accreditation. More information will be available to principals during the February 14, 2019 Leadership Day.
School Improvement Review Cycle
This table identifies the year schools will be visited either by the AdvancED External Review Team or by an AoC Review Team.
Archdiocese of Chicago Improvement Priorities: download pdf
Archdiocese of Chicago Continuous Improvement
School Responsibilities for Academic Year 2019-2020
1. All schools have received their Continuous School Improvement Plans (CSIP) by Thursday, July 16, 2019.
2. Review and share data presented in the CSIP with staff and identify possible data sources to support goal development by Monday, September 16, 2019. Please see available resources below to support meeting and collaboration with staff.
3. Create a minimum of three CSIP goals with a defined action plan, supportive checklists, plan to assess and professional development calendar by Monday, September 30, 2019
4. Show evidence in their Part 4b, 4c, 4d, (goal areas) that schools have reflected on the progress of the goals listed in their CSIP by Friday, January 31, 2020.
5. Show evidence in their Part 4b, 4c, 4d, (goal areas) that schools have r efelcted on the progress of the goals listed in their CSIP by Monday, June 15, 2020.