Provided by the IL State Board of Education
Early Childhood Professional Development
Go to https://www.isbe.net/Pages/Early-Childhood-Professional-Development.aspx
Early Childhood Special Needs - STARNET
STARNET is a Support and Technical Assistance Regional Network that provides training, consultation and resources to the early childhood community of Illinois.
The state of Illinois is divided into 6 STARNET regions. For our school system, which encompasses all of Lake and Cook counties, we are served by 3 regions.
- Northern Region II
City of Chicago Region V
South Suburban/East Central Region VI
Provided by IL Action for Children
Early Care & Education Resources - For Child Care, School-Age & Early Learning Professional Development:
Winter/Spring 2016/17 http://www.actforchildren.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/Catalog_WintSpr2017_FINAL.pdf
Administered by the IL Network of Child Care Resource & Referral Agencies
Gateways to Opportunity is the single statewide support network designed to provide guidance, encouragement and recognition to individuals and programs who serve young children and their families. It illustrates the many career pathways and provides coordination of resources on education and training for those seeking career development and enhancement. http://www.ilgateways.com
Register with Gateways (it's free!) https://registry.ilgateways.com/
- Higher Education Directory
- Find out about the early childhood degrees and certificate programs offered by 2 and 4-year institutions of higher education in Illinois.
- Search by school name, county or zip code.
- View a map of all two- and four-year institutions of higher education in Illinois.
- Professional Development Advisement Program
- Illinois Gateways to Opportunity will match you with a Professional Development Advisor (PDA) to help you plan and achieve your career goals.
- You can utilize a PDA's expertise for as little as one hour - or for as long as you need help making progress toward your career goals. This service is free.
- Call 1-888-548-8080 to learn more about Professional Development Advisement
- i-learning http://courses.inccrra.org/
Staff Development for Educators Spring-Summer 2017 http://sde.com/pdf/About-SDE/UpcomingEvents.pdf
Bureau of Education & Research Professional Development http://ber.org/
Professional development is an ongoing process. All early childhood professionals—no matter how qualified— need to continue to incorporate into their professional repertoire new knowledge and skills related to working with young children and their families. -National Association for the Education of Young Children