Professional development is an ongoing process. All early childhood professionals—no matter how qualified— need to continue to incorporate into their professional repertoire new knowledge and skills related to working with young children and their families. -National Association for the Education of Young Children
Provided by the IL State Board of Education
Early Childhood Professional Development
Go to https://www.isbe.net/Pages/Early-Childhood-Professional-Development.aspx
Early Childhood Special Needs - STARNET
STARNET is a Support and Technical Assistance Regional Network that provides training, consultation and resources to the early childhood community of Illinois.
July-December 2019 list of statewide professional development opportunities
The state of Illinois is divided into 6 STARNET regions. For our school system, which encompasses all of Lake and Cook counties, we are served by 3 regions.
- Northern Region II
2. City of Chicago Region
3. South Suburban/East Central Region VI
Provided by IL Action for Children
Early Care & Education Resources - For Child Care, School-Age & Early Learning Professional Development: Course Catalog forthcoming
Gateways to Opportunity Illinois Professional Development System
Gateways to Opportunity is the single statewide support network designed to provide guidance, encouragement and recognition to individuals and programs who serve young children and their families. It illustrates the many career pathways and provides coordination of resources on education and training for those seeking career development and enhancement. http://www.ilgateways.com
Register with Gateways (it's free!) https://registry.ilgateways.com/
- Higher Education Directory
- Find out about the early childhood degrees and certificate programs offered by 2 and 4-year institutions of higher education in Illinois.
- Search by school name, county or zip code.
- View a map of all two- and four-year institutions of higher education in Illinois.
- Professional Development Advisement Program
- Illinois Gateways to Opportunity will match you with a Professional Development Advisor (PDA) to help you plan and achieve your career goals.
- You can utilize a PDA's expertise for as little as one hour - or for as long as you need help making progress toward your career goals. This service is free.
- Call 1-888-548-8080 to learn more about Professional Development Advisement
- i-learning http://courses.inccrra.org/
Gateways to Opportunity is administered through Inccrra and funded by the Illinois Department of Human Services Bureau of Child Care and Development, the McCormick Foundation, and Grand Victoria Foundation. Gateways to Opportunity, the arch logo and Illinois Professional Development System are registered trademarks of Inccrra.
Staff Development for Educators http://sde.com/
Bureau of Education & Research Professional Development http://ber.org/
Early Childhood Investigations https://www.earlychildhoodwebinars.com/presentations/
Early Childhood Learning Solutions on edWeb https://home.edweb.net/professional-learning-communities-with-free-webinars/
Hatch Early Learning http://www.hatchearlylearning.com/resources/all
The Source for Learning http://www.sourceforlearning.org/ecei/page/webinars